Wednesday, March 2, 2011

here we go...

This may be a crazy idea. After all, a good percentage of my days at work are spent charting what I've done. Why would I want to come home and chart more? But in my charting at work, I don't get to add the colorful, fun, important, or life-changing things. "pt alert and oriented"--I don't get to add that he laughed at all my jokes and gave me the confidence to get through the next twelve hours. "family at bedside"--I don't get to chart the stories they tell me about their family member: "my husband's parents put him in a shoebox to sleep for the first month of his life." "she was a swimsuit model forty years ago." (k--maybe that's not important, but definitely interesting, considering...)  And "femoral arterial line d/c'd, pressure until hemostasis achieved." I don't talk about how hard I pray the whole fifteen minutes I'm holding pressure that there isn't a huge hematoma underneath or retroperitonel bleeding and that they won't vagal down and that I won't pass out like I did that one time...
Anyway, this is going to be my own chart. I get to write what I want to write, not to protect my license in court, but to process the huge gamot of emotions I feel when I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment